Sunday, January 11, 2009
Locked out
So today we were running a little late for church. As we were heading out the door, I thought I saw Kip grab the keys and put them in his pocket so I didn't bother grabbing my set. I locked up and headed to the car to see Kip and the kids waiting to get in. I quickly realized that Kip thought I grabbed the keys and vice versus. I called up the property manager, who rarely hears from us because we give him no trouble, and he is going to charge us $40 bucks just to bring down a copy of the key and let us in. I couldn't believe it. We tried the owner of the property, who lives downstairs from us, and to no avail, no key. We decided to see if Kip could crawl through the window about the door and luckily he fit. In the mean time I was calling all of my friends who were sitting in sacrament meeting hoping that their phones were at least on vibrate. No one answered probably due to a talk given a couple of Sundays ago about not answering phones in church and keeping them turned off. But what happens if you are in a great emergency and the only people you have to turn to (considering all your other friends and family are across the ocean) are the members of your ward and it is on Sunday?!? I guess you are S.O.L. I was pretty frustrated. But looking back a couple of hours later, I guess it could be humorous. I was pretty lucky I had snacks and a sippy cup with me for little ladies. Here's Kip crawling through the window, even though I was pretty irritated, it did make me laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is really Funny. Lucky for me we have a dog door I can send a kid through. I will also be SOL when there are no kids to fit through the dog door.
Oh my!!!! 40 bucks what????? Just to bring a key to let you in. That's messed up. oh well it's something to laugh at now.
Once a roommate of mine continually kept locking the screen door of the apartment despite me telling her that there was no key for it (the landlord didn't even get one when they bought the property!!! After getting locked out after getting up to DRIVE HER TO WORK (I worked a night shift at the time and had literally just fallen asleep)and coming home to find myself locked out yet again I kicked her out. It took an hour and half to find someone to jimmy the lock so I could get back inside. I know that's a little different, I just wanted you to know I feel your pain. ;-)
Oh my goodness! I cant believe Kip fit through that window. It didnt look that big. Thank goodness for skinny husbands!
Oh come on MiSS!! Whats 4o bucks??
:) Tyra goes though the doggie door all the time.
We have come home from church to kind that we left the front door wide open! At least we could get in.
Dawn
Post a Comment